Everyday Cakes. Yoghurt Cake.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
Having a full time work with a family and social life to maintain leaves me little time for elaborate cakes. On special occasions – perhaps, but never as a regular practice. Everyday cakes are a different story though. I believe that a home made everyday cake brings an unique quality to family gatherings, being tasty yet fast to prepare, uncomplicated and possible to make with a simple list of ingredients that even a modest kitchen supply can cater for, and if you are lucky enough to own a food processor (like Kitchen Aid or similar), making everyday cakes will require a minimal effort,
Today, to open “Everyday Cakes” series, one that is not only delicious, but simple in preparation – the Yoghurt Cake.
Yoghurt Cake – List of Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 200 g. of sugar
- vanilla sugar
- 2 ss. of baking soda
- 450 g. of all purpose flour
- 225. g of natural yoghurt (chose one that is thick and contains minimum sugar)
- 150 ml. of plain oil
Yoghurt Cake – Preparation:
- For approximately 10 minutes mix eggs well (both egg whites and egg yolks), until you get an airy mixture.
- Continue to mix and gradually add sugar mixed with vanilla sugar, yoghurt, oil and at the end flour mixed with baking soda.
- Pour the dough into a baking form greased with some oil and sprinkled with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 60 – 65 minutes in an oven preheated to 160 C degreed. The cake is ready when a wooden pin is dry once you pierce a cake with it.
This is a base recipe that can be modified by adding seasonal fruits or delicacies such as raisins or nuts. To the cake that you can see on all pictures I added some rhubarb.