Everyday Cakes. Clafoutis.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
Clafoutis is a French cake that most often is prepared with cherries, though it tastes equally well with other fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, plums and such. This recipe contains no fat and sugar in the reasonable amount, so it can be considered a healthy alternative for a desert, especially if you share it in moderate slices and do not use extra sugar for icing. And even though Clafoutis is not my no.2 when it comes to everyday cakes, I share the recipe now, as it is perfect with all seasonal fruits.
Clafoutis – List of Ingredients:
- 60 g. of all purpose flour
- about 250 – 300 g. of selected fruits
- 1/2 ts. of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 60 g. of sugar
- 300 ml. of milk
- 1/2 ts. of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Clafoutis – Preparation:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until you get a creamy dough that is more liquid than solid (bit like a pancake dough).
- Set the dough aside, preheat the owen to 180 C degrees.
- Grease the oval baking form with some butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Place fruits in the baking form and pour the dough on top of them.
- Bake for around 30 – 35 minutes, until it is puffy and golden on top.
- Serve warm or cold; according to your preferences Clafoutis may be accompanied by ice cream, yoghurt or whipped cream.