Everyday (Cup)Cakes. Perfect Muesli Muffins.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
Not sure about you, but I love muffins. However, recently I jut can’t find any that would look appetizing – all this icing, heavy toppings, sugar sprinkles or chocolate chips just puts me off. Not only because of calories, but also because of a taste – I would like to enjoy the actual muffin and not feel like every bite is a mouthful of sugar. The remedy is quite simple and waiting… at home! Why not bake muffins that you can enjoy and feel confident of how much sugar (none) and fat (two spoons) are on the ingredient list? I do regularly and can state they make perfect breakfast or a lunchtime snack. Have I mentioned that it takes 1o minutes to prepare…?
Muesli Muffins – List of Ingredients:
– 150 g. of full grain muesli
– 150 g. of all purpose flour
– 2 eggs
– 300 ml. of milk
– 2 ss. of neutral oil
– 3 ts. of baking soda
– optional (according to season, mood, occasion…): honey, nuts, dried fruits, raisins, baking cocoa, oats, fresh fruits, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, …
Muesli Muffins – Preparation:
1. Mix loose ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add liquid ingredients and stir well (or let a food processor do the job).
3. Pour the dough into baking forms at 3/4 of their hight.
4. Bake at 180 C degrees for about 20 minutes (baking time may vary according to muffin form size – for bigger size bake a little longer).
5. Serve with whipped cream, marmalade, fresh fruits and with a smile.