December Special. Christmas Cookies.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
In our hectic daily routines, finding time for little things can be a challenge, but how often those little things are what matters the most? Why not slow down a little and do something that your nearest and dearest will remember, like baking those lovely Christmas cookies that make spirits bright just in time for Christmas Eve…? After all, December is a time for giving, and no gift is more precious than the one made with love.
Christmas Cookies – List of Ingredients:
- 150 g. of butter
- 250 g. of all purpose flour
- 2 ss. of baking soda
- 2 ss. of vanilla sugar
- 100 g. of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- chopped nuts and almonds
Christmas Cookies – Preparation:
1. Mix butter, flour, baking soda and vanilla sugar in a big bowl, add sugar and egg and work the dough well.
2. Form the dough into a big roll (5 – 6 cm. in diameter). Cut small portions of the dough and form a cookie from each and every one of them.
3. Place all cut cookies on a baking plate covered with a sheet of baking paper. Smear them with egg white and sprinkle some chopped nuts and almonds on top. If you have a particularly sweet tooth, you may substitute nuts with sugar or mix both.
4. Place form in an oven preheated to 175 C degrees, bake cookies for approximately 15 minutes, until they get golden on top. Keep an eye on them, as 1 minute too long may change golden cookies into burned disaster.
*** If you feel like raising a difficulty level higher, you may roll the dough and cut shapes with Christmas cookie cutters. If you work the dough well, it is very easy and cookies look more elegant on the Christmas table.